Family and School Partnership
The Winchester Elementary staff, students, and parents know that all of us share a partnership for the education of students. We sign the following to emphasize that partnership.
Winchester Elementary Staff is responsible for:
- Providing a safe atmosphere for learning.
- Providing appropriate instruction for your child to achieve their full potential.
- Communicating clear directions for homework.
- Assisting your child in developing a sense of respect and responsibility.
- Keeping you informed about your child’s academic and social progress.
- Welcoming you to be part of our Winchester community of learners.
Families are responsible for:
- Ensuring my child attends school daily and on time.
- Providing a time and place for my child to do homework.
- Ensuring that homework is completed, reviewed, and returned on time.
- Reinforcing Winchester’s academic and behavior guidelines.
- Attending parent conferences.
Students are responsible for:
- Attending school regularly, ready to learn and participate.
- Coming to school each day with the necessary tools for learning.
- Completing class work and homework.
- Showing respect for myself and others.
- Taking pride in my personal appearance, while following the school dress code.